SCRAR (Surf Coast Rural Australians for Refugees) is a community group of people living in the Surf Coast and Bellarine Peninsula areas of Victoria. We meet at the Torquay Bowling Club at 10am on the first Saturday of the month and new members are always welcome.
Their purpose is to improve peoples understanding and support for people who are seeking refuge or asylum.
SURF COAST RURAL AUSTRALIANS FOR REFUGEES (SCRAR):
- Arranges public meetings, addressed by speakers with first hand knowledge of refugee issues
- Offers friendship and support to asylum seekers and refugees located in Geelong, the Surf Coast and the Ballerina
- Initiates petitions and write letters to support refugees
- Challenges MPs on refugee issues
- Organises event, concerts, markets and donations
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
- Come along to a meeting! First Saturday of the month at 10am at Torquay Bowling Club
- Write a letter to our local MP, Sarah Henderson
- Buy a car sticker, badge or delicious Kasundi available at the Spring Creek Community House
- Donate clothing - can be left at the Spring Creek Community House