When: First Saturdays at 10am. Currently meeting online.
To join call the number below or contact the the facebook group through messenge HERE
Contact Details: 5261 2583
We are a community group of people living in the Surf Coast and Bellarine Peninsula areas of Victoria. We meet at the Sticks and Stones cafe, Torquay at 10am on the first Saturday of the month and new members are always welcome.
Our purpose is to improve peoples understanding and support for people who are seeking refuge or asylum.
Starting in 2002, as of 2019 we have 70 members and supporters. To get involved please contact us and come along to a meeting.
SURF COAST RURAL AUSTRALIANS FOR REFUGEES (SCRAR):
- Arranges public meetings, addressed by speakers with first hand knowledge of refugee issues
- Offers friendship and support to asylum seekers and refugees located in Geelong.
- Initiates petitions and write letters to support refugees
- Challenges MPs on refugee issues
- Organises event, concerts, markets and donations